Actually, I love most things of a drinkable sort. Water, juice, juices, smoothies, shakes, blended drinks, coffee. If it were healthy for me to do it for most of my life, I'd go drinkable. Back when I lived in my ghetto apartment I made a smoothie almost every morning for breakfast. Unfortunately, after moving out I stopped making them at home almost entirely. My love of smoothies (and my love of making smoothies) returned yesterday on my way home from work. I'd discovered that my peach had been smooshed on my lunch bag. No one wants to eat a smooshed peach! But you sure can drink a smooshed peach! So I stopped by Freds to get some stuff for dinner, picked up frozen strawberries (since the unfrozen variety were much more expensive), and went home!
Step 1 (Add ingredients to food processor:

Step 2, Bzzzzzzzzz Whirrrrrrrrrr:

Step 3, Pour!:

Step 4, Enjoy!:

It was so tasty that I made another one this morning for breakfast! Mmmm num!! Just some Good ol' OJ, banana, strawberries, and peach! Very good, indeed.
MEH came home sometime after and I proposed the idea of Taco Wednesday!
Me: So I'm thinking tacos for dinner; what do you think?
MEH: I think, DAMN!, that sounds good.
So, tacos we had. They started out simply enough, with vine tomatoes and onion

I love the look of fresh produce! mmmm!
So the veggies were a'chopped, the tofu a'pressed (not oppressed, haha!), and into my pan it went:

I then added some taco seasonings here, a little more EVOO there (I love EVOO), and took it off heat. I discovered, also, that I just wasn't feeling the tortillas tonight, so turned my tofu version (MEH had grass fed/organic/hormone free beef from Natural Pantry) into a taco salad, with some avo, tomato, and lettuce!

And I apologize for the less than stellar photo, but I was so hungry that I'd already started chomping!
So when I went to Freds I decided I would acquaint myself more with the Natural Foods section. I found a great new thing: Coconut Kefir. I've never tried kefir, but I'm open to it. But I also saw that this coconut stuff is 4.50 for something like 2 quarts! ahhh!! Crazy 'spensive! So I don't know that I will be making any serious purchases in it anytime soon, unless I can find it cheaper somewhere else. . . online perhaps?
Any suggesttions?
This just in on the Readings of The Intention Experiment - proof of Female intuition:
In 1997, in his [Dean Radin's] former laboratory at the University of Nevada,
Radin discovered that humans may receive a physical foreboding of an event. He
set up a computer that would randomly select photos designed to calm, to arouse,
or to upset a participant. His volunteers were wired to physiological monitors
that recorded changes in skin conduction, heart rate, and blood pressure, and
they sat in front of a computer that would randomly display color photos of
tranquil scenes (landscapes) or scenes designed to shock (autopsies) or to
arouse (erotic materials). Radin discovered that his subjects were registering
physiological responses before they saw the photo. As if they were
trying to brace themselves, their responses were highest before they saw an
image that was erotic or disturbing. This offered the first laboratory poor that
our bodies unconsciously anticipate and act out our own future emotional states
and that the nervous system doesn't merely cushion itself against a future blow,
but also works out the emotional meaning of it, Dr. Rollin McCraty discovered
that these feelings of good and bad were felt in both the heart and the
brain, whose electromagnetic waves would speed up or slow down just before a
disturbing or tranquil picture was shown. . . . Most astonishing of all the
heart appeared to receive this information moments before the
brain did. This suggested that the body has certain perceptual apparatus that
enables it continually to scan and intuit the future, but that the heart may
hold the largest antenna. After the heart receives the information, it
communicated this information to the brain. McCraty's study had shown certain
fascinating differences between the sexes. Both the heart and the brain became
entrained with each other earlier and more frequently in women than they did in
men. McCraty concluded that this offered scientific evidence of the universal
assumption that women are naturally more intuitive than men and more in touch
with their heart center.
Thank you Lynne McTaggart and Dr. McCraty.
How cool is that? Not only is the heart the leader of the body in feeling/intuition, but us of the female sort actually move more in line more easily than men! Cool beans!
Mantra of the Day: "I am a good person." Thanks VeggieMama, this one comes from you. As VeggieMama and I ran the Alaska Run for Women a few weeks ago, she used this affirmation while running. Exhaling she thought "I am a" and inhaling "good person." Her impression of this is much funnier than in print. And the women ran almost the whole dang race without stopping, and after not having run all year. Holy crap! But also, studies have shown that even in athletics, positive affirmations and envisioning success can really impact a finish/competition. In fact, most elite athletes envision themselves throughout a race/competition in all aspects: Doing well, sucking, getting sore, and winning. Granted, I'm sure VeggieMama didn't imagine herself finishing to a throng of adoring fans, or collapsing on the side of the trail, heavily winded on the verge of unconsciousness, but this little breathing technique/affirmation sure seemed to help! Besides, few things are better than reminding yourself that despite all faults, you are a good person!
Question of Gratitude: What or who are you grateful for today? Since I didn't post yesterday, I will give thanks to two things/somebodies: My poopers! RoRo and KayKay are my babies. I love them in all ways, unconditionally, even when they pee in the house. (I don't love the pee). They have two of the coolest personalities I know, are full of love and affection, and always make me happy. I adore them. I love them. *In a cutesy animal loving voice* dey aww my pooperzh!* (ruffle ears). Thank you, my sweets, for being so loving and wonderful.
I am a (gasp desperately for breath!) good person!!! I love you, VeggieMama!
ReplyDelete