Have you Smiled Yet Today?

Have You Smiled Yet Today?

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

Everybody sing!

Today is my day of birth plus 24 years.  Congratulations, Mama, you've kept me in the world this long!  And what a wonderful birthday it has been already!  And it's only 3 in the afternoon. Whew!
I mean, look at the weather:




And there was a full moon out this morning!  Holy cow! Blue sky and a full moon.  Too perfect.  So far Allison graced me with a wonderful bottle of Robert Mondavi Merlot (yum!), DMsS gave me a gift card to Kaladi Brothers, my coffee place of obsessionchoice, and look at what my coworkers did!
Fudge Cake on the left, Carrot Cake on the right.  Neither are vegan, so my samplings were quite small.  Both are super yummy though!  I share a birthday with another coworker, so it's double the celebration!
And MEH took me to lunch at Organic Oasis, where I got a soup and salad of Vegan Corn Chowder and Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing.  We also go chips and salsa to start.  MEH ordered an Elk Burger with salad.
Verdict:  Meh.  Not as in MEH, but meh, it was alright.  Well, I  loved my food.  The chowder was perfect:  Not heavy, well spiced, and well portioned.  The salad had a lot of diverse textures and the dressing was tahinilicious!  I really liked the salsa because it was less spicy, more like a good pico.  MEH, though, didn't care for the salsa at all and the Elk Burger he got was not at all something he'd eat again.  He didn't like the bun (I loved it), the tomato, pickles, or cheese, and ended up pulling the meat (plus turkey bacon) out of the bun and just eating that with a fork and knife.  Even then, he said, the elk was dry.  So, he was not impressed at all and I enjoyed my food completely.  We both agreed that they could do better to spice a lot of their food, with an exception to their soups, and might attract us more.  We both do like, though, that they have an entirely organic and world-free restaurant in a place where it's not so easy to pull off.  And that they educate you about their food and offer supplements in their shop.

I came back to work to flowers and a super awesome gift card to Snow City Cafe!

I love flowers and Snow City!  Great food, awesome service, and a totally funky vibe.  I've never had a complaint about them.

I'm getting a whole birthday week this year:  Tonight MEH and I are having dinner with VeggieMama, tomorrow dinner with MEH's family, and then on Saturday I'm going out with all the friendfolk! 

Mantra of the Day:  Om.  Considering that today is the day of my creation, why not bow to what started it all?!  Yay Om!  Say a couple and put out some more positive energy in the world that you started your day out with!

Question of Gratitude, Who, or what, are you thankful for?:  I am super thankful for VeggieMama and all of my wonderful friends and family who have been wishing me well on this day!  You are all amazing beings and I am so lucky to have you!  Thank you!  Namaste!

2 comments: